Thursday, December 31, 2009

Remembeirng And Reflecting - Life Transformation

Today I am home with my wife and children. I am off "work" for a few days. In light of another calendar year almost ending and from today's daily office I reflect upon this;
"The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold. Come now and look upon the works of the LORD, what awesome things he has done on earth." Psalm 46


Even in the midst of difficult life situations, sadness, dissapointments, injustice, and all the clear brokenness of the world we live in, it is clear to me that goodness still exists and that God is still in control. Reflecting helps me remember the awesome things God has done this year. It is important to remember! Recalling and remembering helps give perspective.

This year, has been a year of transformation. During 2009, I have been focused on being the best husband and father I am called to be. Moreover, I have been able to focus on living out the Gospel in a tangible way with and for others and especially for children. I have been re-energized to discover and re-discover my passions, focus, and a have a renewed willingness to step into the unknown or unfamiliar territories and activities that God presents to me each day. One of the things I have been saying and doing each day between the time I wake up and get fully into the day is to say the following, "Father, seek me and know me. I am available today. I am available today for whatever You desire, whomever and whatever You put into my life today." This is a compelling and challenging way to start the day. My will to be and do what I want is so strong. Saying this to myself helps me focus on what I want to focus on each day. It is not easy to do some days but definitely the right way to operate. I have a renewed willingness and desire to work through difficult situations in edifying ways that are productive and not damaging to others or myself. This translates in all areas of my life, work, play, home, family, relationships, everywhere! My focus has been to build up and not tear down. My year has clearly not been perfect in this area. There is obviously much more transformation to be accomplished. However, the ongoing focus and efforts have been to build up, and edify and not tear down. I could mention many more areas and specifics of change in my life.

I encourage you to remember the awesome things God has done, both in your life and in the lives of others. It also helps me to remember that I have the freedom to participate in the awesome work that God has done, to be apathetic, or work or fight against the awesome works that God has done and is doing.

Finally if I can be so bold, I challenge you to remember the awesome deeds that God has done this past year in your life. In 2010, I challenge you to start your day with the statement, "Father, seek me and know me.

"I am available today. I am available today for whatever You desire, whomever and whatever You put into my life today."

Do this and you will not be disappointed! You will be free to live, love and give of yourself to and on behalf of others. You will discover and experience the great freedom that you have. You will learn and experience freedom and alignment with God's will some days in very real ways. You will be able to learn what it means to live the Gospel in tangible ways. You will be able to learn more about and perhaps re-discover your passions, focus, and a have a renewed willingness to step into the unknown territories and activities that God presents to you each day. You may be renewed to have a willingness and desire to work through difficult situations in edifying ways that are productive. This is between you and God. Perhaps you will even be drawn or directed live for the welfare of children and orphans. That means that you will be walking alongside me and many others on the journey.

Whatever the result of your reflection and remembering, I am confident you will make a good start to a New year if you give this a try.

Humbly Serving Children and Orphans;
Paul E. Williams
http://paulewilliams.blogspot.com/
paulwilliams@isaiahscry.org

No comments: