Saturday, September 25, 2010

BE A MISSIONARY, RIGHT NOW, IN YOUR OWN COMMUNITY!

You do not have to go across the world, learn another spoken language, or give up everything to be a missionary. Some people do have to do some or all of these things, but I believe that the vast majority of Christ followers are called to serve right where they are in their own communities.

I do not recall having a sense that God has asked me to drop everything and go somewhere else to be a missionary. More often than not, He has asked me to pay attention to where I am now and to be a missionary right where He has placed me.

Being a missionary is more about a mind-set than a being in a different location.  Being a missionary is paying attention to opportunity be in relationship with and serve people who are in and around your life daily; whether that is at work, home, in your neighborhood, or wherever you dwell in community each day, week, month, and year.

One of the ways I believe God is calling me to be a missionary right where I am is to serve children and orphans right in my own city, county, state, and nation. Many thousands of individual children  are lacking some of the basic necessities that many people enjoy in abundance; clean water, food, medical care, a safe place to call home, a loving family, an education, an opportunity to know God, and Hope. I know that as a missionary right in my own community I can help to give these dear children some or all of these basics.

Have you wondered how you can “be a missionary” and live out your faith in a very practical way right where you are? You can help bring Hope to children right in your own community!

If you are  interested to learn how you can be a missionary right where you are now in your current community,  a group of people will meet in the metro Denver area on Sunday October 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM. 

We will discuss how we can be a part of a practical mission right in our own communities. Please contact me at 720-690-0892 for the location or additional information. 

No comments: