Sunday, March 21, 2010

"Loving/Living My Life For Others"

The other day spent most of the day in the home caring for the children and doing things that are directed towards their care, making lunch, planning meals, giving baths, and more. As I was mixing up the tuna for lunch, I thought about my mother and my father and the 20-30 plus years they devoted to doing just these tasks, raising their children, and a few others from the neighborhood. As I stood there listening to one of my sons make an obnoxious noise and obnoxious comments about the lunch I was preparing, I thought…."What would it be like to truly love/live my life for these children and love doing it all the time?" and "What heart transformation needs to continue to take place for this to come to pass? The only answer I could come up with was, much more! Lord Have Mercy! What does Loving/Living Your Life For Others Look Like on a day to day basis?

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Great blog post. It's really hard. I don't know how to pour myself out for others yet...there's still too much of me in here. I'd like to say I live my life for my kids and family daily, but I think I do so grudgingly.

BTW found the blog through Adoption Voices -- but our church is involved with Childrens Hope Chest too. Fantastic group.